My Avatar

Monday, March 11, 2013

Tool #3

I really think that youtube can be very beneficial for my math classroom. I already use it in my classroom by linking youtube videos to edmodo for the students to watch. I make a folder of each concept I teach and then add videos from youtube with songs, or even khanacademy videos or other videos teaching/reviewing the subject. This can be very beneficial because some students might need to review prior concepts, or they might not have gotten it the first time. So I can have them get on a computer to get more instruction. Using youtube while teaching can also be a great way to get the students engaged.

Here are a couple of videos that I found that my students really enjoyed.

What I learned about copyright and fair use is that I definitely need to be careful when finding things on the internet. It is best to go to websites that I know are free to use for everyone. But I also know that teachers do have some freedom when it comes to using things in the classroom. Overall it is best to be safe though so I will always refer back to this information when I am unsure about using something.

I really like the idea of using the dropbox in my classroom. It could be a great way to get students to collaborate with pictures for a geometry unit. It's the perfect way to always be able to access the things you need no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment