My Avatar

Friday, August 10, 2012

Tool #1

This is actually the first blog that I have created... well unless you count the old school livejournal that I made in High School talking about all my boy troubles! I do read quite a few blogs so I know that it can be a great resource. I am really excited to begin my teaching career in a district that is so highly focused on technology. It is great to be able to explore the ways that I could use technology in the classroom with my students. 

I actually found this experience to be surprisingly quite frustrating at times! When I went to create my Voki avatar I did not realize that I was creating one that was strictly for the voki-classroom edition. It was my fault for not reading what it said more closely. Then it took me a while to figure out how to find all the different characters you could pick. Once I found one that I liked it was much easier and I was able to find one with red glasses!

Then when I watched the video on how to put the avatar in as a gadget I also got turned around a bit. It was frustrating not being able to rewind the video. I kept having to exit and reopen the video to re-watch it. I found that when I followed the directions and clicked "Design" on the upper right hand corner, it took me to a totally different page than it did on the video. So it took me a lot longer than it should have to be able to get my avatar. 

Overall it was a good learning experience and creating my avatar and my official blog was pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment